2013 TREINEN FARM KRAKEN CORN MAZE
What is a corn maze?
Initial Challenge: You will be given a map to the maze—easy, right? However, most of the map is blank, and your mission is to find the seven mailboxes in the maze and complete your map puzzle to find your way out. Requires map reading, teamwork, and persistence. Time required: approximately 45 minutes to one hour (could be more if you are navigationally-challenged...)
- The cornfield is flat and the trails are hard packed dirt. The walking surfaces can be slightly uneven and can get slippery after a rain.
- Take water into the maze with you, especially on hot days. Use the bathroom before you go - there are no "facilities" in the maze.
- Try the observation tower before or after your maze adventure—it's fun to see the groups with colorful flags try to navigate the maze.
- Groups of three to six people work well in the maze - that way, everyone can have a chance to participate. If you have a larger group, consider splitting into smaller groups and see who can find their way out first.
- Time your group through the maze—let us know your time and we'll tell you how you rank.
- Each group gets a super secret complete map stapled shut and not to be opened except in case or dire emergency. Turn in your unopened complete map for a piece of candy at our exit station.
- All terrain strollers work well in the maze. Bring your own or we have a few for visitors to use. You can bring a wagon to pull younger children in if you like.
How do we design the maze? See our blog Math.Corn.Fun. for a series of videos about our maze design process.