Fall Fun Specialists
Work Weekends in September and October
Employment at the Treinen Farm
2020 Note: We are not hiring at this moment, but contact us and we will email you if we are accepting applications.
The Treinen Farm Corn Maze and Pumpkin Patch has been a fall destination for fun for over twenty-five years. Every year we hire dozens of people to join our team for a fast-paced fall season (weekends mid-September through October. Some weekday positions may be open as well.)
If you haven’t visited our farm before, explore our website to see what we do before you apply.
- Help guests have a great day at the farm. Keep them safe, meet their needs promptly, and have an exceptional attitude all day.
- Rotate through positions like game attendant, maze explainer, retail stocker, lost-child-finder, hayride helper, cashier, gemstone mining expert, kitten/goat/chicken wrangler, parking lot attendent–all with a smile.
- Play with customers. Take their pictures. Comment on their adorable children and excellent taste in pumpkins. Be quirky, entertaining, and sincere.
- Be outgoing and willing to talk to people you don’t know
- Be kind to customers, fellow employees, and yourself
- Be willing to learn, to try new things, to make mistakes
- Be able to arrive on time, keep your schedule current on WhenToWork, respond to work emails, and communicate accurately and excellently with managers
- Be at least 14 by September 21.
- Be able to work outside, dress for the weather and be active.
- Be able to work 2 shifts on most October weekends.
- Cashier experience is always a plus (but we do provide training for applicants who are interested and qualified.)
- Horse positions (driver, stablehand) open occasionally and require extensive horse experience.
- We do hire some weekday staff for field trips and general farm work.
- Interested in or experienced with farm animals? Are you a performer of any kind? Let us know!
- Don’t worry, we provide compassionate training for all positions. But we do want to hear about experience you may have with other jobs or volunteer work.
- We work our employee schedules around school, sports, and other employment.
- Look, being a Fall Fun Specialist isn’t for everyone. It requires a lot of hard work along with all the fun. Only apply if this all actually sounds like it fits you!