Release your inner zombie on the Saturday before Halloween. Join us for scary fun--zombie costume contest, music, food, corn maze in the dark with zombies everywhere...
The undead can be pretty scary, so this event may be too intense for sensitive persons. Costumes strongly suggested but not required. No weapons of any kind allowed (toy or otherwise)--you can be a zombie, but not a zombie-hunter. No carry-ins allowed.
- Starts 7pm
- Shambling around, moaning, scaring civilians in the corn maze (all evening)
- Food: summer sausage sandwiches, bison burgers, ribeye sandwiches, sweet potato fries, hot chocolate, s'mores, and more (all evening)
- 8:30 pm Start zombie trivia, zombie dancing, zombie interviews, zombie horde practice, other fun zombie activies (at event stage)
- 9:30 pm Zombie Costume Contest!
- Zombie Horde takes over the farm (when contest ends--all zombies requested to participate)
- Bonfires (all evening)
- Zombie videos (all eveing)
- More zombies in the maze, zombies by the fire, zombies eating nachos, zombies roastng marshmallows, etc.
- Ends at midnight
- Costume Contest will be held at 9:30 pm. Individuals and groups can enter. There is no entry fee. Brief talent demos (such as singing or dancing zombies, skits) are allowed but not required. There will be zombie-themed prizes for best costumes.
- No alcohol or other intoxicants are allowed at the farm, including in the parking lot. No carry-ins on zombie night.
- Zombies can in general be kind of freaky, especially in large hordes. Our suggestion is that this event is appropriate for teenagers and adults, and (very brave) younger children should attend only with parents.
- Which brings us to our rule for the maze: no one under 16 is allowed in the maze without a parent or other adult chaperone at all times. This rule is strictly enforced.
- Another maze rule: no cutting through the corn, picking corn, or otherwise damaging the maze or the mailboxes, fence posts, etc. Violation will get you removed from the maze and possibly the farm. Zombies tend to be mostly peaceful creatures (except when eating humans, that is) and so we don't anticipate many problems on Zompocalypse night.
- We decree that all zombies at the Treinen Farm are "slow zombies." Yes, we realize that some of you may argue that "fast zombies" (e.g. 28 Days Later) are better than "slow zombies," (e.g. The Walking Dead) but we've got the final say on Zompocalypse night since we made this event up.
- No weapons of any kind are allowed. This includes toy weapons. You can be a zombie, but not a zombie hunter.
- Zombies may arrive at the farm as early as 7 pm. Last maze admission will be at 10:30 pm. The farm will close at midnight.
- Admission for Zompocalypse is $10.00 (includes tax) for all ages.
- Play nice. This is a family-friendly event (as odd as that sounds when you are talking about a zombie event.)
- Smoking is not allowed at the Treinen Farm (dry corn and grass surfaces do not play well with fire.)
- We will have several public bonfire sites available to warm up at, and lots of food for purchase.