Before we started to plan the 2017 corn maze, we were contacted by the UW-Madison Geology Museum folks, RIch Slaughter and Brooke Norsted. They suggested doing a trilobite corn maze–and they were pretty persuasive. We talked a lot about making a trilobite the main image in the maze, and having a sort of geology-ish theme, and then having a lot of fun education and engagement opportunities. I was basically sold when they showed me their trilobite temporary tattoos. So, we were committed to doing a trilobite very early on in the design process.
- Treinen Farm voted one of the ten best corn mazes in the U.S. October 18, 2018
- The 2018 Maze is the Rudyard Kipling Story “The Elephant’s Child” July 25, 2018
- Designing the 2017 Trilobite Cabinet of Curiosities Maze July 13, 2017
- Community Voice: Treinen Farm: Outstanding business practice October 7, 2016
- The New Thing for 2016 — The Circle Maze October 3, 2016
- Our maze featured on the Smithsonian’s website September 28, 2016