Saturday, October 24, 2015
Shambling, moaning, scaring
and trivia contests
All the brains you can eat
Terrifying costumes not required
unless you want to win the costume competition
Saturday, October 24, 2015
$10.00 per person ~ 7:00 pm – midnight
(last admission to maze 10:30 pm)
Experience an evening dedicated to all things zombie. Come in zombie attire, and relish the simple pleasures of shambling, moaning, and terrifying survivors. Or come as a human survivor, and endure zombie-appropriate music, zombie-themed entertainment, costume and trivia contests, food, bonfires, and losing yourself in a zombie-infested cornfield.
Hordes of zombies and survivors visit the Treinen Farm Zompocalypse every year to scare and be scared.
You’ve been warned.
When it happens
|Shambling, moaning, and scaring||7:00pm - midnight|
|Food: Bison burgers, ribeye sandwiches, |
sweet potato fries, hot chocolate, s'mores, and more
|7:00pm - midnight|
|Bonfires||7:00pm - midnight|
|Zombie video gaming||7:00pm - 8:30pm|
|Zombie video clips||8:30pm - 9:00pm|
|Zombie trivia contest||9:30pm - 10:00pm|
|More zombie video gaming and video clips||10:00pm - 11:00pm|
|Maze admission closes||10:30pm|
Q&A with Treinen Farm Zompocalypse Mastermind Angie Treinen
What's the deal with all the zombies?
Zombies are not only scary and creepy and gory, but there’s something slightly hilarious about them. And being a zombie is easy–just a little dark makeup under the eyes and in the hollows of the cheeks, maybe a grey-white skin tone. You might want to go with a few fake wounds, and maybe a little fake blood, and then the moaning and shambling about, of course… Anyone can look dazed and/or hungry for human flesh, so there’s no need to worry about a complicated or elaborate costume (unless you want to win the costume contest, that is.)
Do I have to wear a costume?
Let me put it this way: if you are not a zombie, then you are a survivor. Guess who gets chased by the zombies? On top of that, no weapons will be allowed, so you will be defenseless survivor. Come to think of it, don’t wear a costume. That actually may be quite entertaining for those of us who are dressed up as zombies.
What happens at Zompocalypse?
Show up in costume and join the hordes shambling about in the corn maze, then warm up by a bonfire and have something to eat (zombies love nachos, by the way. And s’mores.) Zombie activities start at 8:30 pm by the stage as we get ready for the Zombie Costume Contest at 9:30 pm. it’s an all-zombies-all-the-time kind of night.
Are you working on your costume?
Of course. I think I’m going to go for a shredded throat look, maybe a few blood vessels hanging out. Disgusting.
I'm a zombie novice. What should I do?
See below for zombie resources, like TV shows, movies, books, links to zombie websites, etc.
- It’s okay to stay home. Zompocalypse is not for the faint of heart. Zombies are peaceful creatures (except when eating humans, that is), so we don’t expect problems on Zompocalypse night. But we admit that zombies can be unsettling, especially in hordes. We recommend this event for teenagers and adults, and only very brave younger children (who should attend only with parents).
- Be a peaceful creature. Play nice. This is a family-friendly event (as odd as that sounds when you are talking about a zombie event.)
- No speedy zombies allowed. We decree that all zombies at the Treinen Farm shall be “slow zombies.” Yes, we realize that some of you may argue that “fast zombies” (e.g., 28 Days Later) are better than “slow zombies,” (e.g., The Walking Dead) but we’ve got the final say on Zompocalypse night since we made this event up.
- No weapons of any kind are permitted. This includes toy weapons. You may be a zombie, but you may not be a zombie hunter.
- All maze rules must be followed.
- Visitors under 14 must be accompanied by a responsible adult in the maze. This rule is strictly enforced.
- Do no damage. No cutting through the corn, picking corn, or otherwise damaging the maze or the mailboxes, fence posts, etc. Violation will get you removed from the maze and possibly the farm.
- No smoking. Dry corn and grass surfaces do not play well with fire. Smoking is not allowed at the Treinen Farm.
- No alcohol or other intoxicants are allowed at the farm, including in the parking lot. No carry-ins on zombie night.
- Visit our FAQs page or contact us if you have questions that haven’t been answered here.