Authentic Horse-Drawn Hayrides
October is pumpkin season at the Treinen Farm. Let our Belgian draft horses take you on a journey through time to a gentler era. The slow clop of hooves accompanies you as you travel past the pond on a tree-lined lane to the fourteen-acre pumpkin patch. Search for the perfect pumpkin hidden in the tangle of vines. We have over 15 varieties, from baby pumpkins that fit in the palm of your hand to giants that even Dad will have hard time handling.
- We can get strollers and wheelchairs on the hayride. However, the pumpkin patch ground is uneven (and covered with vines and pumpkins.)
- The pumpkin patch can be muddy after a rain. We carry rags to wipe the mud off your pumpkins.
- Use the bathroom before you go - there are no "facilities" in the pumpkin patch.
- The hayrides run continuously from 11 am to 5 pm on Saturdays and Sundays. No reservations are needed.
- The entire experience—the ride, picking a pumpkin, and returning to the farm—takes approximately 30 minutes. Need more time in the patch? Just hop on the next ride returning to the farm when you are ready.
- We provide wagons for you to haul your pumpkins and other purchases to the vehicle. We also have personal pumpkin-to-car service provided by our younger relatives.
- We provide free pumpkin daycare if you aren't ready to leave the farm but want your pumpkins to be safe and happy.
- Feel free to bring your own wagon to haul the kids around the farm. However, there is not enough room on the hayride wagon to take kid-hauling wagons to the pumpkin patch.
- Any pumpkin can be carved or cooked. However, we do grow special pie pumpkins with abundant sweet flesh, and pumpkins grown specifically for their seeds (available in the produce area of the farm.)