School Group Rules:
- All children must be supervised at all times. (Unattended children will be kept for extra farm labor...)
- Please do not chase the chickens.
- We are big on hand washing! Hand sanitizing/washing stations are located throughout the farm.
- An adult must accompany student groups in the maze. (This doesn't guarantee the group won't get lost, but at least there will be someone to blame for navigational errors.)
- You are required to have a fun, safe and memorable experience. Kids are required to leave the farm wishing they could come back!
Hints and Tips:
- The pumpkin patch and maze can be muddy. Have the kids wear old shoes.
- Some groups have kids bring pillowcases or plastic bags to carry their pumpkins in. We will help you load the bus with pumpkins if desired.
- We can accommodate wheelchairs and other special needs. Just let us know how we can provide any accommodations needed.
- Let us know if any children are allergic to hay or others allergens they might encounter on the farm.
- Pumpkins keep very well in a cool environment (like a basement or garage), so if you schedule a field trip for late September or early October, the pumpkins should be fine by Halloween.
- Cell phones often don't work well at the farm. You can use our phone line if needed--(608) 592-3481.
- Do not use rely on your GPS or internet map program without first checking our Map and Directions page.
- Bring your cameras—our farm is one big photo op!
- You are welcome to use our picnic area—just let us know so we can accommodate all groups who would like to eat lunch or a snack here.
- Our concession stand is closed during the week. If you would like the concession stand open for your students, please let us know in advance. We have cold drinks, popcorn, chips, and candy bars.
- For maze field trips, please allow at least two hours at the farm (longer for groups of over 50.) We can shorten the maze experience if needed, but some groups do get lost and need extra time to find their way out. We do a few "rescues" every year, but that still takes time. You can bring walkie-talkies for each group to make it easier for the adults who are supervising. (We do have some walkie-talkies available to lend you.)
- For pumpkin patch field trips, allow a minimum of 1.5 hours at the farm, if possible. There are enough activities to keep a group busy for several hours. The pumpkin patch ride and pumpkin-picking takes about 30-45 minutes, and the rest of the time you are free to explore and play at the farm.
- We can accommodate large groups (up to 500 at one time.) Please call for more information.
- We can customize almost any aspect of your farm visit. Please let us know if you have requests or ideas for your groups. We want to personalize your visit to make sure you have a great experience.
You may also call us at 608-622-7407. We are always happy to help you schedule your group, answer any questions you may have, or to help you design a field trip that meets your needs.