Hiring for fall 2019
Your Job Here
September through mid-November
Employment at the Treinen Farm
NOTE: We begin interviews in mid-August. If you apply before the beginning of August, we will hold your applications until we start interviews.
The Treinen Farm Corn Maze and Pumpkin Patch has been a fall destination for fun for over twenty-five years. Every year we hire dozens of people to join our team for a fast-paced fall season (weekends mid-September through October. Some weekday positions may be open as well.)
If you haven’t visited our farm before, explore our website to see what we do before you apply.
- Help guests have a great day at the farm. Keep them safe, meet their needs promptly, and have an exceptional attitude all day.
- Rotate through positions like game attendant, maze explainer, retail stocker, lost-child-finder, hayride helper, cashier, gemstone mining expert, kitten/goat/chicken wrangler, parking lot attendent–all with a smile.
- Play with customers. Take their pictures. Comment on their adorable children and excellent taste in pumpkins. Be quirky, entertaining, and sincere.
- Be outgoing and willing to talk to people you don’t know
- Be kind to customers, fellow employees, and yourself
- Be willing to learn, to try new things, to make mistakes
- Be able to arrive on time, keep your schedule current on WhenToWork, respond to work emails, and communicate accurately and excellently with managers
- Be at least 14 by September 21.
- Be able to work outside, dress for the weather and be active.
- Be able to work 2 shifts on most October weekends.
- Cashier experience is always a plus (but we do provide training for applicants who are interested and qualified.)
- Horse positions (driver, stablehand) open occasionally and require extensive horse experience.
- Weekday staff for field trips and general farm work.
- Don’t worry, we provide compassionate training for all positions.
- We work our employee schedules around school, sports, and other employment.
- Starts at $8/hr for new employees who are high school students
- Starts at $11/hr for new employees with high school degree or more
- Look, being a Fall Fun Specialist isn’t for everyone. It requires a lot of hard work along with all the fun. Only apply if this all actually sounds like it fits you!